Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
This course examines the interview process, from obtaining an invitation to an interview to follow-up after the interview. The employer's perspective is discussed, and interview preparation is covered in detail. Proper interview demeanor, including listening and answering, asking questions, effective communication, and negotiating is discussed. Strategies for getting past screening interviews, navigating tough interviews, resolving objections, and managing the follow-up process are also provided.
To complete an Interview Skills training you need to complete these chapters:
Chapter 1: Getting the Interview
Chapter 2: Preparing Yourself
Chapter 3: Making an Entrance
Chapter 4: Listening and Answering
Chapter 5: Taking the Reins
Chapter 6: Asking Questions
Chapter 7: Opening Interviews
Chapter 8: Tough Interviews
Chapter 9: Following Through
A closer look...
The course uses engaging activity screens, questions and assessments in conjunction with videos which set the scene for fun, interactive learning. Students will work through real-world technical challenges and will learn how to overcome them. Authentic screenshots, videos, interactive activities and audio feature throughout. The training is delivered through a secure, privacy controlled application, so you can jump in and out of any course whenever you sign in.
Want to stand out from the competition?
The Interview Skills Training can help you stand out from the rest of the job applicants and substantially improve your chances of getting the best job that you are qualified for. This course will can help you with problems you may be having such as:
- Prepare appropriately and be ready for the difficult question.
- Learn how to take control of your nerves and convey a confident manner.
- Use the power of body language to build rapport with the interviewer(s).
- Learn how to use the power of your voice to be more influential.
- Communicate more effectively and present your ideas for maximum effect.
Start the Interview Skills Training with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your Interview Skills Training.
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your Interview Skills Training. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing Interview Skills professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the Interview Skills interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our Interview Skills Training student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the Interview Skills Training library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The course overview
The Interview Skills Training is the latest generation in interview techniques and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the modules for this certification and how they are made up.
This course is set out in the following module:
- Getting the Interview
- Preparing Yourself
- Making an Entrance
- Listening and Answering
- Taking the Reins
Interview Skills Training
The course uses engaging activity screens, questions and assessments in conjunction with videos which set the scene for fun, interactive learning. Students will work through real-world technical challenges and will learn how to overcome them. Authentic screenshots, interactive activities and audio feature throughout. The training is delivered through a secure, privacy controlled application, so you can jump in and out of any course whenever you sign in. Here are the module chapters and the key topics that will be covered within the module:
- Chapter 1: Getting the Interview
- Interview Myths and Reality
- Solving the Employer's Every Problem
- Creating Your Skill List
- Researching Companies and Positions
- Making Interviews Happen
- Chapter 2: Preparing Yourself
- Getting the Call for an Interview
- Putting Everything Together
- Dressing for Interviewing Success
- Wardrobe Notes for Men and Women
- Chapter 3: Making an Entrance
- Between Your Door and Theirs
- Dealing with Nervousness
- Making a Good First Impression
- Establishing a Connection
- Chapter 4: Listening and Answering
- Dynamic Listening
- Focusing Your Efforts and Judging Reactions
- Demonstrating Your Skills
- Employment and Salary Questions
- Problem-Solving and Historical Questions
- Unusual and Inappropriate Questions
- Chapter 5: Taking the Reins
- Steering the Interview
- Dealing with the Individual
- Talking about Money
- Negotiating Your Paycheck
- Chapter 6: Asking Questions
- Questions to Always Ask
- Questions about the Job
- Questions That Show Your Vision
- Questions for Different Professions
- Chapter 7: Opening Interviews
- Getting an Informational Interview
- The Informational Interview
- Passing a Gatekeeper Interview
- Giving the Gatekeepers What They Need
- Preparing for a Telephone Interview
- The Telephone Interview
- Chapter 8: Tough Interviews
- Juggling Group Interviews
- Handling Computer and Meal Interviews
- Acing Performance and Employment Tests
- Grace under Stress Interviews
- Answers to Stress Questions
- Chapter 9: Following Through
- Overcoming Objections
- Answering Career Objections
- The Follow-Up Interview
- Thank-You Letters
- Following Up
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the Interview Skills certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the Interview Skills Training
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the Interview Skills Training syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the Interview Skills Training