Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) is for network design engineers, technicians, and support engineers, who enable efficient network environments with an understanding of network design for the Cisco converged network. This course covers areas such as discussing methodology in network design, designing a network address plan and selecting suitable routing protocol for a given network design and designing the remote connectivity modules as needed. This globally recognised certification validates skills in designing routed and switched network infrastructures and services.
To get a CISCO: CCDA 200-310 DESGN certification there is one exam to complete:
200-310 - DESGN
A closer look...
This exam requires a foundation or apprentice knowledge of network design for the Cisco converged networks based on borderless network architecture. CCDA certified professionals can design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, wireless, and broadband access for businesses and organizations.
Career & Job Opportunities
Within the UK, the average salary of a CCDA certified professional is £49,250pa. The average salary for an CCDA graduate is estimated to be £36,000pa. After graduation, you can find work such as a Network Engineer or a Network Consultant with relative ease.
Start the CISCO: CCDA Training with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your CCDA course
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your CCDA. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing CCDA professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the CCDA interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our CCDA student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the CCDA course library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The one exam
The CISCO: CCDA Training Package is the latest generation in Cisco technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the exams for this certification and how they are made up.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed:
- Describe the Methodology Used to Design a Network
- Describe Network Structure and Modularity
- Design Basic Enterprise Campus Networks
- Design Enterprise Edge and Remote Network Modules
- Design IP Addressing and Routing Protocols
The exam is closed book and no outside reference materials are allowed. The following topics are general guidelines for the content that is likely to be included on the practical exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the following guidelines may change at any time without notice.
- 1.0 Design Methodologies (15%)
- Describe the Cisco Design lifecycle - PBM (plan, build, manage)
- Describe the information required to characterise an existing network as part of the planning for a design change
- Describe the user cases and benefits of network characterisation tools (SNMP, NBAR, NetFlow)
- Compare and contrast the top-down and bottom-up design approaches
- 2.0 Design Objectives (20%)
- Describe the importance and application of modularity in a network
- Describe the importance and application of hierarchy in a network
- Describe the importance and application of scalability in a network
- Describe the importance and application of resilliency in a network
- Describe the importance and application of concept of fault domains in a network
- 3.0 Adressing and routing Protocols in a n Existing Network (20%)
- Describe the concept of scalable addressing
- Design an effective IP addressing scheme
- Identify routing protocol scalability considerations
- Design a routing protocol expansion
- 4.0 Enterprise Network Design (20%)
- Design a basic campus
- Design a basic enterprise network
- Design a basic branch network
- 5.0 Considerations for Expanding an Existing Network (25%)
- Describe design considerations for wireless network architectures
- Identify integration considerations and requirements for controller-based wireless networks
- describe security controls integration considerations
- Identify traffic flow implications as a result of security controls
- Identify high-level considerations for collaboration (Voice, streaming video, interactive video) applications
- Describe the concepts of virtualisation within a network design
- Identify network elements that can be virtualised
- Describe the conecpts of network programmability within a network design
- Describe data center components
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the CCDA certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the CISCO: CCDA Training course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the CISCO: CCDA Training exam syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the CISCO: CCDA Training