Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size router and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, VLANs, Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs), wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills. Candidates for the CCNA can qualify for the certification by passing one test, 200-120, or two tests, 100-101 and 200-101.
The CISCO Security Training is made up of the following one exam:
CCNA Security 210-260 - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
A closer look...
The CCNA Security certification lays the foundation for job roles such as Network Security Specialist, Security Administrator and Network Security Support Engineer. It is the first step for individuals wishing to obtain their CCNP Security certification.
Career & Job Opportunities
In Britain, the average wage for a CCNA is £34,800 pa. The average salary for a CCNA graduate is around £21,600 pa. After your CCNA graduation, you can easily find work for example as a support technician or junior network engineer. We will help and work with you to find work in I.T. (and not in any job) through guarantee job applications.
Start the CISCO: CCNA Security Training with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your CCNA course
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your CCNA. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing CCNA professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the CCNA Security interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our CCNA Security student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the CCNA Security course library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The one exams
The CISCO: CCNA Security Training is the latest generation in Cisco CCNA technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the exams for this certification and how they are made up.
CCNA Security 640-554
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the topic listed:
- Common Security Threats
- Security and Cisco Routers
- AAA on Cisco Devices
- IOS ACLs
- Secure Network Management and Reporting
ICND1 100-101 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
The CCNA - Security consists of one exam, the 640-554 IINS. This exam tests your knowledge of securing Cisco routers and switches and their associated networks. It leads to validated skills for installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices and develops competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure. The exam is made up from the following modules:
- 1.0 Common Security Threats (11%)
- Describe common security threats
- 2.0 Security and Cisco Routers (8%)
- Implement security on Cisco routers
- Describe securing the control, data, and management plane
- Describe CSM
- Describe IPv4 to IPv6 transition
- 3.0 Configure Voice Messaging and Presence (26%)
- Implement AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting)
- Describe TACACS+
- Describe RADIUS
- Describe AAA
- 4.0 IOS ACLs (12%)
- Describe standard, extended, and named IP IOS ACLs to filter packets
- Describe considerations when building ACLs
- Implement IP ACLs to mitigate threats in a network
- 5.0 Secure Network Management and Reporting (10%)
- Describe secure network management
- Implement secure network management
- 6.0 Common Layer 2 Attacks (12%)
- Describe Layer 2 security using Cisco switches
- Describe VLAN security
- Implement VLANs and trunking
- Implement spanning tree
- 7.0 Cisco Firewall Technologies (13%)
- Describe operational strengths and weaknesses of the different firewall technologies
- Describe stateful firewalls
- Describe the types of NAT used in firewall technologies
- Implement zone based policy firewall using CCP
- Implement the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Implement Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- 8.0 Cisco IPS (11%)
- Describe Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) deployment considerations
- Describe IPS technologies
- Configure Cisco IOS IPS using CCP
- 9.0 VPN Technologies (12%)
- Describe the different methods used in cryptography
- Describe VPN technologies
- Describe the building blocks of IPSec
- Implement an IOS IPSec site-to-site VPN with pre-shared key authentication
- Verify VPN operations
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the CCNA certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the CISCO: CCNA Security Training course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the CISCO: CCNA Security Training exam syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the CISCO: CCNA Security Training