Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions is a globally recognised professional certification which validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size router and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN.
Candidates for the CCNA can qualify for the certification by passing one exam, the 200-301 (, 2023)
The CISCO CCNA Training Package is made up of the following exam:
200-301 CCNA - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
Topics include - Network Fundamentals, Network Access, IP Connectivity, IP Services, Security Fundamentals and Automation and Programmability.
CCNA Training Package: £1199.99
A closer look...
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is an international certification program for entry-level network engineers that helps maximise your investment in foundational networking knowledge and increase the value of your employer's network and IT infrastructure. The CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, VLANs, Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs), wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills.
The new CCNA Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions course provides you with the knowledge and skills needed to install, operate and troubleshoot a small to medium branch network. The curriculum includes LAN Switching Technologies, Troubleshooting, WAN Technologies and IP Services (SNMP, Syslog, FHRP). The curriculum also includes the Operation of IP Data Networks, IP Addressing, Network Security, Basic Troubleshooting and DHCP, NAT, ACLs and other IP Routing Technologies.
By the end of this certification you will have detailed knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, basic migration of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts. In addition, the course provides the necessary knowledge and skills required for the following protocols: IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. Earning a CCNA Routing and Switching Certification will build the necessary foundational knowledge required for job roles such as Network Engineer and Network Administrator and provides students with network infrastructure know how.
Career & Job Opportunities
In Britain, the average wage for a CCNA is £43,800 pa. The average salary for a CCNA graduate is around £28,600pa. After your CCNA graduation, you can easily find work for example as a support technician or junior network engineer. We will help and work with you to find work in I.T. (and not in any job) through guarantee job applications.
Request a CCNA trial course
Feel free to sign up below for a CCNA trial course. Only the fields marked(*) below are required:
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your CCNA
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (and not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your CCNA. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing CCNA professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you grasp the basics.
- ↘ For more information regarding Cisco CCNA Qualifications or training, please contact us
- ↘ Contact us about our CCNA student placement service
Our friendly Cisco lecturers can answer any questions you have regarding CCNA training and Certifications.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The Cisco: CCNA Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions is the latest generation in Cisco CCNA networking and comms technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the exam topics for the CCNA certification.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the topic listed:
- Network Fundamentals
- Network Access
- IP Connectivity
- IP Services
- Security Fundamentals
- Automation and Programmability
CCNA 200-125 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated
By the end of this certification you will have detailed knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, basic migration of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts. In addition, the course provides the necessary knowledge and skills required for the following protocols: IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol:
- 1.0 Operation of IP Data Networks (5%)
- Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification
- Identify common applications and their impact on the network
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Predict the data flow between two hosts across a network
- Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco network devices to other network devices and hosts in a LAN
- 2.0 LAN Switching Technologies (20%)
- Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them
- Configure and verify VLANs
- Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switches
- Identify enhanced switching technologies
- Configure and verify PVSTP operation
- 3.0 IP addressing (IPv4/IPv6) (5%)
- Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment
- Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN LAN/WAN environment
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4
- Describe IPv6 addresses
- 4.0 IP Routing Technologies (20%)
- Describe basic routing concepts
- Configure and verify utilizing the CLI to set basic router configuration
- Configure and verify operation status of a device interface
- Verify router configuration and network connectivity using
- Configure and verify routing configuration for a static or default route given specific routing requirements
- Differentiate methods of routing and routing protocols
- Configure and verify OSPF
- Configure and verify interVLAN routing (Router on a stick)
- Configure SVI interfaces
- Manage Cisco IOS Files
- Configure and verify EIGRP (single AS)
- 5.0 IP Services (10%)
- Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router)
- Describe the types, features, and applications of ACLs
- Configure and verify ACLs in a network environment
- Identify the basic operation of NAT
- Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
- Configure and verify NTP as a client
- Recognize High availability (FHRP)
- Configure and verify syslog
- Describe SNMP v2 and v3
- 6.0 Network Device Security (10%)
- Configure and verify network device security features
- Configure and verify switch port security
- Configure and verify ACLs to filter network traffic
- Configure and verify an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
- 7.0 Troubleshooting (20%)
- Troubleshoot and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations
- Troubleshoot and resolve VLAN problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve trunking problems on Cisco switches
- Troubleshoot and resolve ACL issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve Layer 1 problems
- Identify and correct common network problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve spanning tree operation issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve routing issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve OSPF problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve EIGRP problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve interVLAN routing problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve WAN implementation issues
- Monitor NetFlow statistics
- Troubleshoot EtherChannel problems
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
Buy the CCNA Certification training for only £1199.99 inc. any VAT
Includes the official Cisco CCNA examination.
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the CCNA certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 01279 898 030 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the CISCO: CCNA Training course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the CISCO: CCNA Training exam syllabus as well as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the CISCO: CCNA Training