Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
The Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice) introduces and validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to administer a voice network. The Cisco CCNA Voice certification confirms that the required skill set for specialized job roles in voice technologies such as voice technologies administrator, voice engineer, and voice manager. It validates skills in VoIP technologies such as IP PBX, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voicemail solutions.
The CISCO Voice Training is made up of the following one exam:
CCNA - Voice ICOMM v8.0 640-461
A closer look...
The CCNA Voice certification assesses skills and knowledge related to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It is typically employed by large organisations such as governments, large companies, and colleges. Additionally, the CCNA Voice Certification assesses skills and knowledge related to the Cisco CallManager Express (CME) and Cisco Unity Express (CUE) solutions typically used by medium and small organisations such as companies with less than 2,000 employees, retail businesses, and small school districts.
Career & Job Opportunities
In Britain, the average wage for a CCNA is £34,800 pa. The average salary for a CCNA graduate is around £21,600 pa. After your CCNA graduation, you can easily find work for example as a support technician or junior network engineer. We will help and work with you to find work in I.T. (and not in any job) through guarantee job applications.
Start the CISCO: CCNA Voice Training with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your CCNA course
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your CCNA. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing CCNA professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the CCNA Voice interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our CCNA student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the CCNA course library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The one exam
The CISCO: CCNA Voice Training is the latest generation in Cisco CCNA technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the exams for this certification and how they are made up.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the topic listed:
- Describe the Characteristics of a Cisco Unified Communications Solution
- Provision End Users and Associated Devices
- Configure Voice Messaging and Presence
- Maintain Cisco Unified Communications System
- Provide End User Support
CCNA Security 640-461 - Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration
The CCNA - Voice consists of one exam, the 640-461 ICOMM. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of the architecture, components, functionalities, and features of Cisco Unified Communications solutions. The exam also tests the knowledge needed to perform tasks such as system monitoring, moves, additions, and changes on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM) v8.0 course. The exam is made up from the following modules:
- 1.0 Describe the Characteristics of a Cisco Unified Communications Solution (17%)
- Describe the Cisco Unified Communications components and their functions
- Describe call signaling and media flows
- Describe quality implications of a VoIP network
- 2.0 Provision End Users and Associated Devices (23%)
- Describe user creation options for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Create or modify user accounts for Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Create or modify user accounts for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express using the GUI
- Create or modify endpoints for Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Create or modify endpoints for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express using the GUI
- Describe how calling privileges function and how calling privileges impact system features
- Create or modify directory numbers
- Enable user features and related calling privileges for extension mobility, call coverage, intercom, native presence, and unified mobility remote destination configuration
- Enable end users for Cisco Unified Presence
- Verify user features are operational
- 3.0 Configure Voice Messaging and Presence (26%)
- Describe user creation options for voice messaging
- Create or modify user accounts for Cisco Unity Connection
- Describe Cisco Unified Presence
- Configure Cisco Unified Presence
- 4.0 Maintain Cisco Unified Communications System (10%)
- Generate CDR and CMR reports
- Generate capacity reports
- Generate usage reports
- Generate RTMT reports to monitor system activities
- Monitor voicemail usage
- Remove unassigned directory numbers
- Perform manual system backup
- 5.0 Provide End User Support (24%)
- Verify PSTN connectivity
- Define fault domains using information gathered from end user
- Troubleshoot endpoint issues
- Identify voicemail issues and resolve issues related to user mailboxes
- Describe causes and symptoms of call quality issues
- Reset single devices
- Describe how to use phone applications
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the CCNA certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the CISCO: CCNA Voice Training course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the CISCO: CCNA Voice Training exam syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the CISCO: CCNA Voice Training