Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
CompTIA Cloud+ certification provides a standard methodology and best practices to securely execute and maintain a cloud deployment. Those planning for a career in this field gain a competitive edge once they're equipped with the practical understanding and proficiency in cloud infrastructure delivery, which is outlined in this course.
The CompTIA Cloud+ requires a student to pass one exam:
The CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-001)
A closer look...
CompTIA Cloud+ training also covers various aspects of IT security including implementation, maintenance, delivery of cloud infrastructures; and applying industry best practices of virtualisation. Below are the main topics of this course:
- Characteristics and services of cloud environment from a business perspective;
- Types of Cloud from a technical perspective;
- Business value and importance of cloud computing;
- Steps to successfully adopt and implement cloud in an enterprise;
- Changes and impact on IT service delivery management;
- Risks and consequences;
Career & Job Opportunities
Within the UK, the average salary of a CompTIA Cloud+ technician is £55,000pa. The average salary for an Cloud+ graduate is estimated to be £37,000pa. After graduation, you can find work such as a Cloud Engineer or a Software Engineer with relative ease. Below are examples of the starting range of career opportunities offered to Cloud+ Technicians:
- Project Manager, Cloud Computing Services;
- Cloud Engineer;
- Manager, Data Centre SAN;
- Business Analyst, Cloud Computing;
- Cloud Consultant;
- Technical Architect;
Start the CompTIA Cloud+ Training with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your CompTIA course
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your CompTIA. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing CompTIA professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the CompTIA Cloud+ interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our CompTIA Cloud+ student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the CompTIA Cloud+ Training library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The one exam
The CompTIA Cloud+ is the latest generation in CompTIA technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the exams for this certification and how they are made up.
Below lists the domains measured by this examination and the extent to which they are represented.
- Cloud Concepts and Models (12%).
- Virtualisation. (19%).
- Infrastructure (21%).
- Resource Management (13%).
- Security (16%).
- Systems Management (11%).
- Business Continuity in the Cloud (8%).
CompTIA Cloud+ - CV0-001
This exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to understand standard Cloud terminologies/methodologies, to implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies and infrastructures (e.g. server, network, storage, and virtualisation. technologies), and to understand aspects of IT security and use of industry best practices related to cloud implementations and the application of virtualisation. Here are the module chapters and the key topics that will be covered within the module:
- Chapter 1: Cloud Concepts and Models
- 1.1 Compare and contrast cloud services.
- 1.2 Compare and contrast cloud delivery models and services.
- 1.3 Summarize cloud characteristics and terms.
- 1.4 Explain object storage concepts.
- Chapter 2: Virtualisation.
- 2.1 Explain the differences between hypervisor types.
- 2.2 Install, configure, and manage virtual machines and devices.
- 2.3 Given a scenario, perform virtual resource migration.
- 2.4 Explain the benefits of virtualisation. in a cloud environment.
- 2.5 Compare and contrast virtual components used to construct a cloud environment.
- Chapter 3: Infrastructure
- 3.1 Compare and contrast various storage technologies.
- 3.2 Explain storage configuration concepts.
- 3.3 Execute storage provisioning.
- 3.4 Given a scenario, implement appropriate network configurations.
- 3.5 Explain the importance of network optimization.
- 3.6 Given a scenario, troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues.
- 3.7 Explain common network protocols, ports, and topologies.
- 3.8 Explain common hardware resources and features used to enable virtual environments.
- Chapter 4: Resource Management
- 4.1 Given a scenario, implement and use proper resource monitoring techniques.
- 4.2 Given a scenario, appropriately allocate physical (host) resources using best practices.
- 4.3 Given a scenario, appropriately allocate virtual (guest) resources using best practices.
- 4.4 Given a scenario, use appropriate tools for remote access.
- Chapter 5: Security
- 5.1 Explain network security concepts, tools, and best practices.
- 5.2 Explain storage security concepts, methods, and best practices.
- 5.3 Compare and contrast different encryption technologies and methods.
- 5.4 Identify access control methods.
- 5.5 Implement guest and host hardening techniques.
- Chapter 6: Systems Management
- 6.1 Explain policies and procedures as they relate to a cloud environment.
- 6.2 Given a scenario, diagnose, remediate and optimize physical host performance.
- 6.3 Explain common performance concepts as they relate to the host and the guest.
- 6.4 Implement appropriate testing techniques when deploying cloud services.
- Chapter 7: Business Continuity in the Cloud
- 7.1 Compare and contrast disaster recovery methods and concepts.
- 7.2 Deploy solutions to meet availability requirements.
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the CompTIA Cloud+ certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the CompTIA: Cloud+ course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the CompTIA: Cloud+ exam syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the CompTIA: Cloud+