Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
CompTIA Server+ training online will lead to knowledge in areas such as RAID, SCSI and multiple CPUs, as well as capabilities with server issues, including disaster recovery. Many corporations recognise the importance of staffing technicians who can competently perform basic server support.
The CompTIA Server+ requires a student to pass one exam:
The CompTIA Server+ (SKO-003)
A closer look...
The CompTIA Server+ certification exam covers system hardware, software, storage, best practices in an IT environment, disaster recovery and troubleshooting. Although not a prerequisite, CompTIA recommends test-takers have 18 to 24 months experience in server technology, along with a CompTIA A+ certification.
Career & Job Opportunities
Here is a list of Jobs that use CompTIA Server+:
- Sales solution specialist, servers;
- Software developer, servers;
- Systems engineer;
- IT server administrator;
- Authorized service technician, servers;
Start the CompTIA Server+ Training with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your CompTIA course
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your CompTIA. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing CompTIA professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the CompTIA Server+ interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our CompTIA Server+ student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the CompTIA Server+ Training library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The one exam
The CompTIA Server+ is the latest generation in CompTIA technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its exams. Below is a breakdown of the exams for this certification and how they are made up.
Below lists the domains measured by this examination and the appropriate extent to which they are represented.
- System Hardware (21%).
- Software (19%).
- Storage (14%).
- IT Environment (11%).
- Disaster Recovery (11%).
- Troubleshooting (24%).
The CompTIA Server+ - SKO-003
This test will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to build, maintain, troubleshoot and support server hardware and software technologies. The successful candidate will be able to identify environmental issues; understand and comply with disaster recovery and physical / software security procedures; be familiar with industry terminology and concepts; understand server roles / specializations and interaction within the overall computing environment. Here are the module chapters and the key topics that will be covered within the module:
- Chapter 1: System Hardware
- 1.1 Differentiate between system board types, features, components and their purposes.
- 1.2 Deploy different chassis types and the appropriate components.
- 1.3 Differentiate between memory features / types and given a scenario select appropriate memory.
- 1.4 Explain the importance of a Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)
- 1.5 Differentiate between processor features / types and given a scenario select the appropriate processor
- 1.6 Given a scenario, install appropriate expansion cards into a server while taking fault tolerance into consideration.
- 1.7 Install, update and configure appropriate firmware.
- Chapter 2: Software
- 2.1 Install, deploy, configure and update NOS (Windows / *nix).
- 2.2 Explain NOS security software and its features.
- 2.3 Given a scenario, implement and administer NOS management features based on procedures and guidelines.
- 2.4 Explain different server roles, their purpose and how they interact.
- 2.5 Summarize server virtualisation concepts, features and considerations.
- 2.6 Describe common elements of networking essentials.
- Chapter 3: Storage
- 3.1 Describe RAID technologies and its features and benefits.
- 3.2 Given a scenario, select the appropriate RAID level.
- 3.3 Install and configure different internal storage technologies.
- 3.4 Summarize the purpose of external storage technologies.
- Chapter 4: IT Environment
- 4.1 Write, utilize and maintain documentation, diagrams and procedures.
- 4.2 Given a scenario, explain the purpose of the following industry best practices.
- 4.3 Determine an appropriate physical environment for the server location.
- 4.4 Implement and configure different methods of server access.
- 4.5 Given a scenario, classify physical security measures for a server location.
- Chapter 5: Disaster Recovery
- 5.1 Compare and contrast backup and restoration methodologies, media types and concepts.
- 5.2 Given a scenario, compare and contrast the different types of replication methods.
- 5.3 Explain data retention and destruction concepts.
- 5.4 Given a scenario, carry out the following basic steps of a disaster recovery plan.
- Chapter 6: Troubleshooting
- 6.1 Explain troubleshooting theory and methodologies.
- 6.2 Given a scenario, effectively troubleshoot hard ware problems, selecting the appropriate tools and methods.
- 6.3 Given a scenario, effectively troubleshoot software problems, selecting the appropriate tools and methods.
- 6.4 Given a scenario, effectively diagnose network problems, selecting the appropriate tools and methods.
- 6.5 Given a scenario, effectively troubleshoot storage problems, selecting the appropriate tools and methods.
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the CompTIA Server+ certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the CompTIA: Server+ course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the CompTIA: Server+ exam syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the CompTIA: Server+