Would you like us to send you information on this certification and be informed of any future updates and retirements?
The Windows 10 course tests your ability to operate, install, maintain and support the Windows 10 environment as well as proving that you have the core skills to deploy and manage Windows 10 clients. This course confirms that you have associate-level knowledge of an Operating System, configuring the tools and features of that Operating System, managing backups and recovery, troubleshooting and using the new tools and features found in Windows 10.
To obtain certification: Windows 10 has one courseware syllabus to complete:
Courseware: Windows 10
A closer look...
With a Windows 10 certification you will be able to understand how to use a leading-class operating system developed by Microsoft Windows 10 marks the final operating system released by Microsoft and pushes the "windows as a service" model deployed to all users and will support the lifetime of all devices. By obtaining this certification you will understand the fundamentals of Windows 10 and the functionalities the system has to offer as a whole. This course is a great opportunity to identify and work with both old and new features that will constantly continue to develop over the next decade. The Windows 10 course is designed for both users who know how to operate previous computerised operating systems as well as those that have little to no experience. The course covers the basic operations of the OS such as using the File Explorer and making use of the new features embedded into Windows 10 as well as more intermediate tasks such as connecting to a remote computer and performing backups and restores. For more information regarding the courseware syllabus, please read on.
Career & Job Opportunities
By having a certification in using Windows 10 you can be expected to obtain various job roles, such as Project or Design Engineers, Administrator roles and a support technician. As of 2016, the average salary of those specialised in Operating Systems is £27,000pa with more than 85% being offered a salary of more than £25,000pa.
*Source: PayScale Research 2016
Start the Windows 10 course with a trial
We are offering a trial of this course for free with no purchase necessary, just sign up below to instantly receive your login details.
We will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT after completing your Microsoft course
Working with JobcentrePlus and our Recruitment Partners across the UK, we will work with you to ensure that you can find work in IT (an not in any job) through job interviews and applications. We aim to get you in an IT job role on completion of your Windows 10 course. If you have no qualification or background in IT, we will provide you with the necessary training for the experience required. For existing IT professionals, we can upgrade your qualifications and improve your career prospects. Do not allow your lack of experience or self-confidence deny you from a career in I.T - it is a lot easier (and enjoyable too) than most people think, once you learn the basics.
- ↘ Take on a new adventure with the Microsoft interactive video demos
- ↘ Contact us about our Microsoft student placement service
Promotions. Gain access to the Microsoft course library for 10 days.
If your aim is employment/career advancements through IT training, see how you can achieve this together with your tutor.
The Windows 10 is the latest generation in Microsoft technology and as such there is no current retirement plan for its course. Below is a breakdown of the course for this certification and how they are made up.
This course measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed:
- Getting started with Windows 10.
- Launching and Managing Applications.
- Using File Explorer.
- Working with Mail, People, Calendar and Microsoft Edge.
- Using Cortana and other Bundled Apps.
This course measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed: Install and upgrade to Windows 10, Configure hardware and applications, Configure network connectivity, Configure access to resources, Configure remote access and mobility, Monitor and maintain Windows clients, Configure backup and recovery options. Below is the complete syllabus for this course technical tasks:
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Running Windows 10 for the first time
- Understanding the computer's login account
- Introducing the Action Centre
- Configuring a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and other Peripherals
- Understanding modifier keys and keyboard shortcuts
- Setting up a printer
- Sleep, shutdown and restart
Launching and Managing Applications
- The Task Bar
- The Start Menu
- Interacting with Windows and Ribbons
- Quitting Applications, Switching to Tablet Mode and using Touch Screen Controls
- Multitasking between multiple applications and Managing several desktops
- Browsing through folders and folder structure
- Creating, copying, moving, renaming and deleting files and folders
- Using an external drive or memory stick
- Using shortcuts to files and folders and organising the desktop
- Saving files, zipping and unzipping packages
Working with Mail, People, Calendar and Microsoft Edge
- Linking online accounts to Mail, People and Calendar
- Working with the Mail app
- Using the Calendar
- Using the People app to manage an address book
- Working with Edge and Internet Explorer
- Browsing the web, bookmarking sites and the Reading List
- Downloading files, Web notes and History
Using Cortana and other bundled apps
- Using Cortana
- Maps and the Weather app
- Managing and playing music, movies and TV shows
- Working with notifications
Installing apps, essential settings and account settings
- Installing and uninstalling applications
- Setting app defaults, changing screen resolution and adjusting audio settings
- Customising the desktop, sleep and screen saver
- Managing user accounts, sign-in options and your login account type
Sharing with Home Networks, backing up and restoring
- Connecting to another computer using RDP
- Setting up and recovering a backup with the File History tool
Troubleshooting and Updating
- Configuring Windows updates
- Using Windows Defender to protect against malware
- Reviewing security messages and resolving problems
- Resetting Windows
Try this course online, login via providing some basic student details below
This course is suitable for...
A fun and enjoyable way to build a fresh career
Teachers & IT professionals
A prestigious qualification which will distinguish you from the crowd of 21st century geeks
Looking to start a healthy, rewarding & lucrative career in I.T
But is this course right for you?
Will it provide you with the skills that you need, or the career you'd like to explore? If you are not 100% sure that it's correct for you then we highly recommend that you experience our trial courses and assessments to get an accurate insight to the Windows 10 certification. You can sign up for this below or use it to ask our lecturers some questions. You can also call us on 0800 622 69 69 and speak to one of our course advisers and they will help you choose the perfect certification tailored to your needs.
Request more info on the Windows 10 course
Exam tips and syllabus
Get the Windows 10 course syllabus aswell as helpful tips
What our students say
See what our students have to say about the Windows 10 course